When is the right time to consult an ENT specialist?
While visiting a general doctor is the preferred course of seeking treatment for an illness, in some cases, it is necessary to visit a specialist. One such specialist is an ENT doctor.
Who is an ENT specialist?
The full-form of ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat. These specialists are also referred to as ENT surgeons, otorhinolaryngologists, otolaryngologists, or simply, neck and head surgeons. As the name suggests, they diagnose and treat diseases and disorders related to the ears, nose or throat. Some of the specific ailments they look at are:
- Ears: Vertigo and other balance disorders related to the ears, ear infections, hearing loss, blocked ears and tinnitus.
- Nose: Sinus infections, loss of smell, allergies, obstructive sleep apnoea, sinusitis, nasal blockages and growths in the nasal cavity.
- Throat: Vocal cord disorders and diseases, throat cancer, bronchitis, tonsillitis, salivary gland diseases, and throat and swallowing disorders.
- Neck and Head: Facial deformities, tumours present in the neck or head, and facial trauma.
When to consult an ENT specialist?
There are certain conditions that warrant a visit to an ENT specialist. Some symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Breathing Difficulties
- Dizziness or balance Issues
- Sinus Pressure
- Frequent Nose bleeds
- Loss of smell, taste or voice
- Swallowing Difficulties
- Chronic nasal congestion or sore throat
- Constant ringing of ears
- Chronic snoring
- Sudden loss of hearing
- Facial pains or headaches
ENT Specialist in Guragon
At Six Sigma Clinics, we provide ENT care that is in line with our commitment to provide high-quality and accurate treatment. Our clinics facilitate a comfortable space wherein patients have access to top practitioners. Among them is Dr. Parul Sachdeva, and if you are searching for an ENT specialist in Gurgaon, click here to learn more.